Become an owner operator and get a little piece of the American dream.
Being a truck driver is one of the best career choices for people who want big paychecks and a sense of independence in their work. Professional drivers can choose to own and run an owner operator trucking business.
By running your own business, you have the power to shape your driving job and earn more cash.
Owner operators (independent drivers) are one of the most profitable types of drivers. After costs and deductions, its common for drivers to earn $50,000 or more in net profit per year. (That's PROFIT, not to be confused with revenue, which can easily reach far above $100,000 a year.)
As an owner operator, you must notice details, from the cost of long term truck upkeep to your fuel cost per mile. You will have more freedom and independence, but you will also have more responsibilities.
Hear It Straight From Independent Drivers
We work with owner operators every day to help them find better driving jobs. Over the years, they have shared thoughts, quotes and reasons they love being an independent driver.
- “I love the fact that I am female and able to do this job.” -Owner operator Brenda C.
- “When I can manage to get out of the truck, I enjoy meeting new people and seeing the States.” -Joshua J.
- “Driving been good to me and has taken care of my and family for years.” -Owner operator Tom T.
- “There’s just something about owning big pretty trucks.” -Owner operator Greg C.
There are several different types of owner operators and each kind fits a certain set of driver needs. Once you make the jump, keep a business owner mindset to stay profitable.
Things You’ll Need To Get Started
- Class A CDL with endorsements (Learn more about truck driving schools with free CDL training)
- State Business License
- Truck and Trailer
Types of Owner Operators
From there, you can take different paths. There are two main types of owner operators: Lease Purchase Drivers and Self-Owned Independent Contractors.
Lease Purchase Drivers lease a truck from a company and carry company dispatched freight. Self-Owned Independent Contractors own their own your truck and work with a company to carry freight.
Lease Purchase Owner Operator Jobs
Here is a short list of companies that offer lease purchase owner operator programs.
- CRST Expedited 1-844-321-1942
- Celadon Owner Operator 1-844-453-5056
- U.S. Xpress 1-877-793-7998
- Henderson Trucking 1-844-203-1588
- Boyd Bros. 1-888-996-3078
- RoadRunner 1-800-513-6038
For more lease purchase owner operator jobs go here: lease purchase trucking jobs
Independent Owner Operator Jobs
Here are some companies that work with independent owner operators.
- Hogan 1-844-518-9405
- Daily Express 1-844-207-1006
- Bennett 1-844-896-2113
- Trans Am 1-844-568-2494
- HVH 1-844-283-6535
Fore more independent owner operator jobs go here: owner operator truck driving jobs
It’s up to you to decide what best fits your lifestyle and needs.
Becoming an owner operator is simple, but being a successful one takes some work and attention to detail.
Apply to multiple jobs at one time, then compare your offers and negotiate the best deal for you. You can apply to all the trucking jobs in your area using one owner operator job application.