Melton is one of the nation's leading flatbed trucking companies with a large and growing fleet of modern, safe, and well-maintained equipment running the lower 48 US states, Canada, and Mexico. For more than 65 years and with over 5,000 satisfied shippers, Melton has built a reputation of excellence and stability in the trucking industry. Recognized as an award-winning flatbed carrier since 1954, Melton Truck Lines is at the top of industry pay and benefits. Melton has been running strong for 60 years and has a built reputation for quality and excellence in the transportation industry. If you want to drive for a company that respects their drivers and takes personal interest in their well-being, we think you will find Melton a good fit for you and your family.
Please give our recruiting experts a call to talk about what you’re looking for in your next driving position at 877-976-6765. We hope to see you out on the road in a big blue Melton truck soon!
Pay for Experience:
- Recent Graduates/Entry Level Drivers - 43 cpm
- 1-11 months of experience - 45 cpm
- 1-3 years of experience - 50 cpm
- 3+ years of experience - 51 cpm
- Top Base Pay - 56 cpm (based on Melton experience)
- $50 tarp pay
- Extra stop/repower pay $25
- Clean DOT Inspections $25
- 6 cpm extra for Canada and Hazmat loads
- NYC Borough Pay $75
- 16 cpm extra for over dimensional loads
- Performance bonus: Up to $5,400 Extra Per Year
- Driver referral bonus: $500/$1,000
- Holiday apy (6 Holidays) $30
- Vacation Pay 1-3 Week's pay
- CSA inspection bonuses
- Driver Trainer/Safety Trainer/Mentor/Road Recruiter Pay
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Reimbursement Plan
- Life Insurance
- Short Term Disabilty
- Paid Vacation
- Home Christmas Day
- 401(K) Plan
- 24 Hour Safety Support
- Driver Help Desk
Equipment: Great drivers deserve great equipment! Melton Truck Lines operates a large and growing fleet of impeccably maintained, late-model equipment. We have one of the most modern and impressive fleets on the road today with the average age of our tractors being 1.5 years.
Military: Melton is a strong supporter of the United States Armed Forces. Over 30% of our employees have different types of military service and thrive in the Melton culture. That is why we pursue active or retired military. We have a flexible schedule for active reservists and we sponsor a Veterans Training Program. Melton Truck Lines is GI Bill Approved. In addition, we encourage you to run by your house if you are close and the load can be delivered on time, damage-free. Your spouse or close family member is invited to attend orientation with you, or online. Veterans will have access to supplemental income based on their VA Approval letter for up to 12 months to help the transition into civilian life.
- Must be 21 years of age or older
- Valid CDL Class A from the state you reside in
- No BACs, DUIs, or DWIs in the last 5 years
- Must meet all applicable DOT Regulations including a DOT physical and NIDA approved drug screen administered by a Melton Truck Lines physician
- Must pass an integrity interview and meet Melton's work attendance and availability requirements
Let our recruiting department help you begin the process of becoming a part of the Melton team Call 877-976-6765!