ROLL WITH US
Hirschbach hires only experienced drivers and enjoys one of the lowest driver turnovers in the industry. Our goal is to offer our customers the safest, most dependable fleet in the trucking industry. By offering superior driver pay and benefits, and incentivizing our drivers for increasing their safety, productivity and fuel economy, as well as delivering their loads on time, we are well on our way to achieving that goal.
We currently offer options for experienced professional drivers in our Company Driver fleet, as a Lease Purchase Operator, or as an Owner Operator. Positions are available now.
Hirschbach operates one of the youngest and most-technically advanced fleets in the transportation industry. Our equipment features the very latest software, aerodynamic and green technologies. In fact, we were recently awarded the SmartWay® Excellence Award from the EPA for being a true leader in freight supply chain environmental performance and energy efficiencies. Hirschbach is one of only 43 truck carriers to receive this distinction.
From drivers to dispatchers, mechanics to senior management, everyone who works at Hirschbach shares the same goal – to deliver every load where it needs to be, when they need it to be there. Each of our Hirschbach employees is dedicated to delivering the very best on behalf of our customers.
For over 80 years, Hirschbach has built a sterling reputation for delivering time and temperature sensitive freight.
We are a 100% asset based refrigerated carrier with one of the
newest, most technologically-advanced fleets on the road. We
provide “best in class” service, focused primarily on
high density lanes throughout the Midwest, South, Southeast, and
We strive to be your carrier of choice by providing dependable service levels with unmatched safety, innovation, technology, security, communication, and on-time delivery performance.
Hirschbach offers experienced, refrigerated truckload services to all 48 states – with a special focus on high-density lanes throughout the eastern U.S.
Hirschbach Company Drivers will be responsible for delivering goods from one place to another. They are expected to operate a tractor-trailer truck safely and deliver loads on-time.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Deliver goods while operating a tractor-trailer truck, sometimes over intercity routes or spanning several states.
- Load and unload cargo.
- Record amount and type of cargo being delivered.
- Take orders for new delivers.
- Drive long distances.
- Fill up on fuel, clean truck, and wash windows.
- Report to a dispatcher any incidents encountered on the road.
- Monitor road conditions and watch for traffic congestion.
- Follow all applicable traffic laws.
- Inspect their trailer before and after the trip, and record any defects they find.
- Follow accident procedures if an accident occurs.
- Keep a log of their activities.
- Report serious mechanical problems to the appropriate personnel.
- Keep their truck, and associated equipment, clean and in good working order.
- Plan routes using maps or satellite tracking.
- Get goods to client on time.
- Take rest periods during trip.
- Take special precautions while driving.
- Maintain log of trips.
Qualifications and Skills
- Class A CDL
- 6 Months or more driving experience
- Clean driving record* Must meet our hiring requirements.
Benefits and Perks
- 401 (k)