CLASS A CDL DRIVERS NEW PAY INCREASE! Call: 844-268-5234
Ready to run? Decker’s hiring and running areas cover the majority of the U.S., giving you greater lengths of haul and the miles you need to stretch your earnings. Whether you drive team or solo, you can expect to get home about every two weeks, sometimes weekly. Reefer drivers also get an increase in pay each year they drive with us. Drive some of the newest trucks on the road while getting the corporate-style benefits and recognition you deserve.
Operating out of two main terminals in Fort Dodge, IA and Bessemer, AL, our flatbed drivers run throughout the Midwest and the South. The majority of loads include hauling steel, building products and wallboard throughout the Central U.S. with an average length of haul of 400 miles. Depending on your proximity to our Fort Dodge or Bessemer terminals, you will get home every 10-14 days.
Regional Pay Rates for Flatbed Drivers:
* Starting Pay Range $.43 – $.45 per mile – includes $.08 per mile per diem.
* Basic Level – $.43 per mile
0-1 years of driving experience and must meet minimum hiring standards.
* Select Level – $.44 per mile
1-3 years of driving experience and must meet minimum hiring standards.
* Premium Level – $.45 per mile
4+ years or more of driving experience and must meet minimum hiring standards
* Increase in Pay – 1¢ per mile increase after first 90 days of employment, and 1¢ per mile paid annually on anniversary date with a cap at $.51 per mile
* Stop Pay (excluding load origin and final delivery) – $25 for each additional pickup or delivery; loads out of USG in Cloquet, MN & Walworth, WI pay $40 for each additional stop
* Over Dimensional Loads – when hauling over dimensional loads, drivers will be paid an additional 5¢ per loaded mile
* All loads including building material and steel tarp and securement pay – tarp pay will be $15 to tarp and an additional $15 to untarp
* Chicago Cross Town Loads – $40 plus mileage
* Short haul pay for loads less than 75 miles – $20 if driver takes empty trailer to load origin, tarps and secures load; $20 if driver delivers load to final destination and removes tarps and securement
* Job Site Deliveries – $20 for each load that is delivered to a job site and the customer is billed specifically for this service.
* East Coast Pay
– loads delivering East of I-81, (origins W. of MS River) – $50
– loads delivering East of I-81, but North of Virginia (all other origins) – $25
* Side Kit Pay – Central Steel & Wire Chicago-Altoona $70
* HazMat Pay – An additional $85 per load will be paid on all placarded HazMat loads
* Detention Pay – $15 an hour when billed – maximum of $15
* Layover Pay – after 24 hours of layover, at no fault of the driver, driver qualifies for $60 layover pay. Subsequent 24-hour periods of layover, driver qualifies for an additional $100. Layover pay is subject to Operation’s discretion and can be adjusted under special circumstances.
Why Run with Us?
- Disability & Life Insurance
- Health, Dental & Vision Insurance
- 401K Retirement & Flex Benefits Plan
- Increasing PTO After a Year of Service
- Transportation, Lodging, and Meals for orientation
- PrePass Plus for tolls & scales
- Rider Program
- Weekly Payroll & Direct Deposit
- In-cab scanners + TripPak Express
- Transflo Mobile App
- APUs standard on all tractors
We are also hiring Students, Teams & Owner Operators.