Midwest Express seeks the most talented, motivated and enthusiastic candidates who value a challenging career opportunity. The logistics industry is fast-growing and the prospects for personal growth and advancement have never been better than they are today, in our industry and at our company.
At Midwest Express (MWEX), we understand that compensation needs vary widely. When we hire a new driver, our first task is to find out what those specific needs are, and then put the driver in a position to win. As drivers’ circumstances change, our flexibility allows us to respond and provide the ultimate situation for every driver. We strive for open dialogue during the hiring process and throughout our partnership. Our goal is to make sure that career choices match closely with personal and family needs. We understand that life on the road can be challenging because of uncontrollable events like delays, layovers, and breakdowns. At MWEX, we are committed to supporting our drivers and helping them overcome obstacles so they can get where they’re going, safely and efficiently.
Pay & Benefits:
- Starting pay for company drivers is $0.40 per mile and $0.94 per mile for owner operators. New drivers are given credit for their experience.
- Drivers are eligible for pay increases based upon performance.
- New drivers can be eligible for an Experience Bonus in which they receive credit for their exemplary driving record and exemplary driving experience.
- All drivers are available for a Safety Bonus in which they receive additional per mile pay of up to $0.05 per mile if they drive without incident or accident and drive a minimum average of 10,000 miles per month.
- Drivers are paid weekly.
- Company Drivers may participate in our 401(k) plan, including a company match.
- The company pays 50% toward each employee’s health insurance.
- Life insurance paid by company.
- Dental insurance available.
- Vacation pay based on previous year’s mileage at $0.014 cents per mile.
Miles & Home Time:
The relationship between a driver, his company’s dispatch and fleet management can help the driver strike a perfect balance between miles and home time. Family needs, emergencies, health concerns and many other factors can force drivers to make adjustments to their mileage needs. At the same time, drivers might also anticipate a period of time when they can maximize their miles in order to make extra money. Aware that a driver’s needs can change on a weekly basis, MWEX strives to be flexible, responsive and accommodating to drivers whenever possible.
- 24 years of age
- Two years driving experience
- Possess a suitable driving history with no more than 3 incidents in 36 months
Federal contractors are required to state in all solicitations or advertisements for employment that all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.