Now hiring CDL-A Drivers
with 4+ months of tractor trailer experience!
If less than 6 months of solo driving experience, we have a training program tailored just for you. (see below)
As a CDL-A truck driver for this account:
- Average 2,800 miles per week
- Dispatches and start /delivery times are received the prior day and assigned to drivers.
- Take trailers loaded with portable storage units to storage centers or Hub facilities.
- Destination site personnel will unload & reload portable storage
- Pick up and deliver in all 48 states; no NYC deliveries.
- Responsible to strap, unstrap and secure portable storage units and containers.
- $18.00/ hour while operating forklift to seldom load and unload; training provided.
- Dispatched for two to three weeks.
- If out for two weeks, two days home. If out three weeks, three days home (typically home on Friday's and out on Monday's)
- Average 6 to 8 stops per week, paid at $20 per stop.
- Drivers can expect to log 70 hours in 8 days; may have to take a reset on the road.
- This is an assigned sleeper driver position, may have to do a reset on the road.
Experienced CDL-A Drivers (with 6 months of solo driving experience):
- Start at top out pay of .43 cpm
-Projected annual pay of $65,280 (estimate)
Paid Training Programs:
If you have less than 6 months solo driving experience OR have been outside of the truck for a while, we have a paid training program tailored for each level of experience. Your recruiter will be able to tell you the best training program for you.
Regardless of the amount of training needed you will be paid eight hundred dollars per week while training; training time can range from 1-3 weeks. After training you will start at .41 cpm.
Check out these benefits of being a full-time Averitt CDL-A Driver:
- Family & individual BlueCross BlueShield medical coverage with 2 choices (PPO or high deductible health plan), dental, vision, prescription and hearing benefits package ALL starting as low as:
$81.70 per week for family coverage
$32.05 per week for single coverage
With the option of reduced medical premiums if you participate in the upcoming year's wellness initiatives.
- 8 paid holidays (after 90 days)
- Paid Time Off (PTO/ vacation)
- Profit sharing, Traditional and Roth 401(k)
- Wellness programs available
- Company-paid life insurance and short-term disability benefits
- Company provided professional uniforms
- Wells Fargo banking products
- Flexible spending accounts
- Wellness programs available
- Other career advancement opportunities within Averitt
- Paid orientation in Cookeville, TN with free lodging, transportation and meals
- Red Thinkin' Rewards- points program that encourages you to meet specific fuel & service goals and in return earn points towards a selection of over 12,000 gift items
- Referral rewards- cash bonuses for referrals
- Weekly direct payroll deposits
- Associate discounts (on vehicles, computers, cell phone service, etc.)
- A professional atmosphere with quality people since 1971!
Averitt's fleet includes local, dedicated, and regional positions. Drivers have the opportunity to change their driving preferences as their careers progress, including opportunities in operations and leadership.
Averitt Express is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.