Recognized as an award-winning flatbed carrier since 1954, Melton Truck Lines is at the top of industry pay and benefits. Melton has been running strong for 60 years and has a built reputation for quality and excellence in the transportation industry. Let our recruiting department help you begin the process of becoming a part of the Melton team Call 877-976-6765!
Pay for Experience:
Don’t forget to ask about our new GUARANTEED PAY program for all drivers AND SIGN ON BONUS for experienced drivers when you speak with a recruiter.
- Recent Graduates/Entry Level Drivers - 43 cpm
- 1-11 months of experience - 45 cpm
- 1-3 years of experience - 50 cpm
- 3+ years of experience - 51 cpm
- Top Base Pay - 56 cpm (based on Melton experience)
- $50 tarp pay
- Extra stop/repower pay - $25
- 6 cpm extra for Canada and Hazmat loads
- 8 cpm extra for over dimensional loads
- Performance bonus: Up to $5,400 Extra Per Year
- Driver referral bonus: $500/$1,000
- CSA inspection bonuses
- Driver Trainer/Safety Trainer/Mentor/Road Recruiter Pay
- Comprehensive health, dental, and vision coverage
- Free on-site Health Clinics
- Free on-site Dental Exams
- 401(k) Retirement Program with Company Match
- Retirement and Savings plan coaches
- On-site gym, workout facilities, and personal trainer
- Health Concierge Service
- All Inclusive Personal Concierge Service - Lifeworks
Paid Training and Orientation: Drivers will be placed in a customized, paid, orientation program based on their experience. We welcome recent CDL graduates. Student graduates will complete a more comprehensive orientation. They will then be matched with a road trainer based on personality and background. More experienced driver candidates will get the training they need in a compressed orientation schedule so that they can get their truck and make money quickly. Our trainers are some of the best in the industry. They will teach you everything you need to know to be a successful flatbed OTR driver. From the beginning of your training, we get to know you and your preferences, so that when you become a full-time driver, our staff knows you by name, not just a truck number. Quality training doesn’t end after orientation. Our industry is constantly changing, so we focus on communicating important information in a timely manner to help make our drivers the best on the road. We are available day and night to support and assist drivers in any situation.
Family Focused: We recognize the importance of family and time away from the road. We offer predictable home time and paid vacations & holidays, and allow your family members or pet to ride with you. We believe in uninterrupted hometime and offer special guaranteed home time days during the year. In addition, we encourage you to run by your house if you are close and the load can be delivered on time, damage-free. Your spouse or close family member is invited to attend orientation with you, or online. We know how important family can be to OTR drivers. That is why we have programs that get your spouse and your family members involved with your job and our company. We encourage open communication between our staff and the family members of our drivers.
Equipment: Melton Truck Lines has some of the newest equipment in the industry. Melton boasts over 1300 new Kenworth trucks that help provide the most comfortable ride possible. All trucks are equipped with 1,500 watt inverters. Our trailers have air-ride, spread axle suspension and offer 48,000 lb. payload capacity. We assign trucks to individual drivers which means the truck stays with YOU even on home time. We take pride in our trucks and work to maintain the highest quality equipment.
Military: Melton is a strong supporter of the United States Armed Forces. Over 30% of our employees have different types of military service and thrive in the Melton culture. That is why we pursue active or retired military. We have a flexible schedule for active reservists and we sponsor a Veterans Training Program. Melton Truck Lines is GI Bill Approved. In addition, we encourage you to run by your house if you are close and the load can be delivered on time, damage-free. Your spouse or close family member is invited to attend orientation with you, or online. Veterans will have access to supplemental income based on their VA Approval letter for up to 12 months to help the transition into civilian life.
Liberal Rider and Pet Program: Driving is a difficult job, but it can be much more fun when you can share your experiences with someone else. With Melton’s pet & rider program you can have your loved ones or furry companion keep you company while you are out on the road.
- Anyone 18 years of age and over
- Children 10 years of age and older can ride during the summer months
- Any dog under 80 pounds or less or cat
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Must have a valid Class A CDL
- No DUIs in the past 5 years
- No more than 4 moving violations or 3 accidents in the last 3 years
- Must pass drug screen
Call 877-976-6765 Today!